Tweed & Belleville Sleep Apnea Dental Care & Services
If you suffer from sleep apnea, consult with our Belleville or Tweed dentists to learn more about our services to help treat your sleep apnea.
What is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that can cause periodic breaks in your breathing while you sleep. During which, airflow stops and the oxygen level in your blood may drop. Your brain then sends a signal to your body to resume breathing—often jolting you awake. As a result, your natural sleep rhythm can be thrown off and you may spend less time in deep restorative sleep.
If you experience from chronic sleep apnea you may not remember these occurrences, yet you may wake feeling unwell or restless. If left untreated, sleep apnea can lead to other health issues.
Belleville Dental Care can help treat sleep anpea
Once we determine you are experiencing sleep apnea, we can help treat your symptoms by providing you with a specialized oral appliance.
Depending on your needs and severity of your symptoms, we offer patients dorsal appliances and oral appliance therapy (OAT).
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
- Extreme drowsiness during the day
- Episodes of obstructed breathing during sleeping
- Loud snoring & restless sleep
- A clenched jaw
- Morning headaches
- Irritability or difficulty concentrating
- Excessive perspiration during sleep
- Chest retraction (chest pulls in) during sleep in young children
- Snorting, gasping or choking during sleep